We are proud to announce that Tsebo has taken a significant leap forward in our sustainability journey – ensuring we remain focused on being a powerful force for good.
Through the publication of our inaugural Sustainability Report, Tsebo has made our commitment public to accelerate our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives, officially reporting on these efforts, benchmarking results, setting targets and tracking our progress into the future.
As an ethical business, it has always been our intention to minimise our environmental impact and maximise social good through community partnerships and CSR initiatives while aligning and propelling the shared goals of our clients and partners.
However, it was only through centralising our data that we could begin to understand the true impact of these efforts, some of which include:
- R200 million worth of energy usage reduction achieved for clients
- 87.1 tonnes of plastic and paper waste-to-landfill prevented
- +95% of all seafood sustainably sourced from the SASSI green list
- +40 000 training and development interventions (Learning and Development spend = 4.2% of annual leviable amount)
- 82% global benchmark score received for people practices as a Certified Top Employer SA
- 60% female employees, with 42.3% female representation in Senior Management
- 82% average Client Satisfaction score with a 95% average Client Retention rate
- +200 certified local-to-local community suppliers
- +32.2 million USD total domestic spend on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives across Africa
- +70 CSR projects across eight African countries
* Download our Sustainability Report to explore more incredible highlights realised in 2022 with the help of our entire Tsebo family.
To further our efforts, we have partnered with organisations like the World Economic Forum, the UN Global Compact and ESG rating platforms Risk Insights and EcoVadis.
Furthermore, our CEOs have made personal commitments to positive change in Africa by becoming official members of the UN Global Compact’s Africa Business Leaders Coalition (ABLC) – a call to action for business leaders to unite for a more sustainable, prosperous Africa.
These steps mark another significant chapter in Tsebo’s 50-year history of nurturing ethical relationships with our clients, employees, communities, suppliers and other stakeholders.