Mandela Day is celebrated every year on 18 July in memory of the late Nelson Mandela’s leadership and devotion to fighting poverty and promoting justice for all. Each year the day is renowned by making a positive impact in other people’s lives.
This year Mandela Day is dedicated to fighting against poverty in order to stop the outbreak of protests in our country. This theme has been strategically planned to ensure that the benefits are long term for all.
In the effort of promoting goodwill Tsebo Facilities Solutions will be joining TEARS Foundation & their supporting partner Matla a bana in their initiative of upgrading and painting the child victim office which will be used by the Forensic Social Worker of SAPS Johannesburg. The office that needs upgrading is located at 117 Bowling Avenue, Cnr Kelvin Drive, Sandton. For more info about matla a bana please READ.
In encouraging the spirit of “Ubuntu” meaning “I am because we are” – Here are the few things that you & your family/friends can do to inspire a lifestyle of compassion and service to communities and those in need around you:
- Buy a few blankets, or grab the ones you no longer need from home and give them to someone in need.
- Clean out your cupboard and donate the clothes you no longer wear to someone who needs them.
- Put together food parcels for a needy family.
- Organise a bake sale, car wash or garage sale for charity and donate the proceeds.
- To the poorest of the poor, shoes can be a luxury. Don’t hoard them if you don’t wear them. Pass them on!
- Volunteer at your local soup kitchen.
Let’s forget about the 67 minutes and let’s all make everyday a Mandela day!!